SOURCE OF NEWS | Monster Jam.com
With the 2016 Monster Jam® season upon us, Feld Motor Sports® and FOX Sports announced the 2016 Monster Jam television package airing on FS1, which consists of 26 one-hour original episodes of Monster Jam action beginning on Sunday, January 17, and continuing through Sunday, July 10.
Headlining the 2016 Monster Jam television programming will be the 9-city, 10-episode, points-generating Monster Jam FS1 Championship Series, which kicks off at the Atlanta Georgia Dome this Saturday, January 9, and then broadcast on Sunday, January 17. Along with the high-flying Monster Jam action from the Monster Jam FS1 Championship Series, other key events throughout the season will be broadcast on FS1 and the FOX Sports Go app, with re-airs on both FS1 and FS2.
The 2016 Monster Jam television shows will provide the greatest Monster Jam action, in addition to taking an even deeper look into the drivers and personalities that make up the greatest stadium and arena-based motorsports series in the world, through the feature-based Inside Monster Jam episodes. From multi-time Monster Jam World Finals® champions, to the Monster Jam rookies, the 2016 television series will have more features than ever before.
“Monster Jam programming is uniquely entertaining and appeals to a very diverse audience,” said Patrick Crakes, SVP of Programming, Research & Content Strategy. “Highlighting the Monster Jam FS1 Championship Series in 2016 creates an even stronger bond between the network, the sport, and its fans.”
Fans will also receive three hours of Monster Jam World Finals XVII action from Las Vegas' Sam Boyd Stadium, in which three new champions will be crowned - the Young Guns ShootoutTM champion, the World Racing Champion, and the World Freestyle Champion.
Monster Jam will air in over 200 countries in 2016 with international television distribution deals spanning the globe. The global Monster Jam growth is at an all-time high, and the domestic and international television programming is a major component of the brand's growth.
2016 Monster Jam Television Schedule on FS1
- Sunday, January 17, 2016-Atlanta, Ga.-Georgia Dome-3:00 pm/12:00 pm
- Monday, January 25, 2016-Tampa, Fla.-Raymond James Stadium-4:00 pm/1:00 pm
- Sunday, January 31, 2016-Orlando, Fla.-Citrus Bowl-4:00 pm/1:00 pm
- Sunday, February 7, 2016-Indianapolis, Ind.-Lucas Oil Stadium-3:30 pm/12:30 pm
- Sunday, February 14, 2016-Houston, Texas-NRG Stadium-1:30 pm/10:30 am
- Sunday, February 21, 2016-Anaheim, Calif.-Angel Stadium-4:00 pm/1:00 pm
- Sunday, February 28, 2016-St. Louis, Mo.-Edward Jones Dome-10:00 pm/7:00 pm
- Sunday, March 13, 2016-Detroit, Mich.-Ford Field-3:00 pm/12:00 pm
- Sunday, March 13, 2016-Syracuse, N.Y.-Carrier Dome-4:00 pm/1:00 pm
- Sunday, March 20, 2016-MJ FS1 Tour Recap-10:00 pm/7:00 pm
- Sunday, March 27, 2016-AMSOIL Series Recap-10:30 am/7:30 am
- Monday, April 4, 2016-Inside Monster Jam-4:00 pm/1:00 pm
- Monday, April 11, 2016-Inside Monster Jam-4:00 pm/1:00 pm
- Sunday, April 17, 2016-Las Vegas, Nev.-Sam Boyd Stadium-2:00 pm/11:00 am
- Sunday, April 24, 2016-Las Vegas, Nev.-Sam Boyd Stadium-2:00 pm/11:00 am
- Sunday, May 1, 2016-Las Vegas, Nev.-Sam Boyd Stadium-2:00 pm/11:00 am
- Sunday, May 8, 2016-International Tour-10:00 am/7:00 am
- Sunday, May 15, 2016-Inside Monster Jam-10:30 am/7:30 am
- Sunday, May 22, 2016-Inside Monster Jam-1:00 pm/10:00 am
- Sunday, May 29, 2016-Inside Monster Jam-3:00 pm /12:00 pm
- Sunday, June 5, 2016-Inside Monster Jam-10:30 am/7:30 am
- Sunday, June 12, 2016-Inside Monster Jam-10:30 am/7:30 am
- Sunday, June 19, 2016-Inside Monster Jam-12:00 pm/9:00 am
- Monday, June 27, 2016-Inside Monster Jam -4:00 pm/1:00 pm
- Sunday, July 3, 2016-Foxborough, Mass. - Gillette Stadium-5:00 pm/2:00 pm
- Sunday, July 10, 2016 -2016 Season Recap-5:00 pm/2:00 pm
(Also available online at www.foxsports.com/MonsterJamTV)
Joining Scott Douglass in the booth for play-by-play commentary of all the Monster Jam action will be color analyst Bob Dillner. Dillner, an auto racing enthusiast joins Monster Jam with 17 years of motorsports broadcasting experience. Along with Monster Jam, Dillner is a regular participant on several racing shows across America, including Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Performance Racing Network, Motor Racing Network and NASCAR Home Tracks Radio.
“I’ve watched Monster Jam for years and am honored to be a part of it,” said Dillner. “I love the racing, the freestyle and the points championship that comes along with all of it. Nothing replaces watching Monster Jam with its power and the energy in sold-out stadiums and arenas, but Scott and I hope to convey as much as possible through the television broadcasts. This is going to be quite the championship battle and going into the season it’s up for grabs.”